Postoffice on Tegernseer Landstraße

1920s,architecture,modernism,post office — Benedikt @ 5:01 pm

This building by Robert Vorhoelzer and Walther Schmidt (1928/29) is a fine example of the Bavarian “Postbauschule”. Because of special law regulations, the design and construction of postoffices in Bavaria remained independent even after the creation of the German Reichspost. This allowed many architects to build office buildings in the International Style. After the Nazis came to power in 1933 this small refuge for architectural modernism vanished.

0 Comments »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
(c) 2018 URBANISM & ARCHITECTURE IN BAVARIA | powered by WordPress with Barecity